Wednesday, January 5, 2011

computerized once more

I have a computer again!

I mentioned in my last post that I'm not a fan of Christmas. It seems like something always goes wrong. This year we got lucky. Sure, we all had colds for the first week, and the cat threw up on our bed on Christmas day, a fact I discovered by slipping under the covers in the dark, only to have my leg encounter something cold and wet. Granted, my computer died on Dec. 23, just in time for every business in the country to close down, not to mention a series of storms that shut down the highways in and out of town for days. Still, we didn't have any big family fights, everyone has all of their limbs, we have a job, and a house, and enough food to eat. All in all, we have a lot to be thankful for. In the end, my dead computer was even a blessing in disguise (albeit not from the financial standpoint); I was forced to take a real break, spend some time with the kids, and generally enjoy the holidays.

I didn't mean to skip blogging altogether over the holidays, but given the circumstances, I waited until today, when my new computer arrived, to get back to the blog. We chose the cheapest new computer we could find, but so far I like it. It's truly tiny, and will be great to carry into the field, on trips, etc. So far, I don't mind the tiny keyboard, and hopefully it won't give me wrist problems down the road. It's called an "Eee PC", which for some reason I find endlessly amusing.

I plan to get back to blogging next week, once I've gotten all of my files transferred to the new computer (none were lost from the old one, praise God!) I hope you all had a great break!

No comments:

Post a Comment