Saturday, November 20, 2010

weekly accountability: Nov. 14-20

My goals for last week were to finish the changes that my co-authors suggested, finish the EFC report (which probably doesn't belong in this set of goals, since it's not research related), and work toward an upcoming deadline.

I met some of the goals, but not others. I made the changes one of my co-authors suggested, but I'm waiting on feedback from the other. I finished the EFC report, but was still chided like a second-graded by the chair of the committee because I didn't have it ready for the whole committee to read (I hadn't gotten feedback from the other committee member who was supposed to help me write it). I managed not to lose my temper, but I did go home and send out another job application. I worked toward my deadline, and probably will keep working until it's over.

Next week, I hope to incorporate my other co-author's comments, and work on the next paper. I'll probably spend most of my time on the deadline, though.

1 comment:

  1. My goals for last week were to (1) finish a draft of the grant pre-proposal and get it to MH for approval before I submit it and (2) start Article #2. "Start" needs to mean at least a rough outline and contacting co-authors.

    NOPE. I blew everything off that I could, shut my office door, and submitted Article #1 to the journal at 4:30 pm on Friday. So it looks like my goals for next week are to 1) finish a draft of the grant pre-proposal and get it to MH for approval before I submit it and (2) start Article #2. "Start" needs to mean at least a rough outline and contacting co-authors.

    I worry a little bit about next week, since we are hosting my mom for Thanksgiving and still have to finish the guest room as well as shop, etc. She flies in Wed afternoon so at best I have half of that day. Hopefully we can do a lot today (Sunday) to minimize holiday prep spillover :/

    --MB

    ReplyDelete