Monday, November 29, 2010

top ten thanks

In the spirit of Thanksgiving, here's a list of the top ten things that I am thankful for:

1) my supportive, loving, soul-mate of a husband

2) my beautiful, healthy, (usually) wonderful kids

3) my parents - they've had health issues in the last few years. I'm so glad they're still with us.

4) my friends - near or far, I appreciate your support!

5) my job - it's not perfect, but I'm happy here for now, and in this economy/job market, I feel lucky to have a job at all.

6) security - my family and I are not in imminent danger of going without food, shelter, or medical care. There are many people who are, so I count my blessings.

7) the joys of my vocation - I don't always love my job, but no matter how stressed out I get, I still have enthusiasm for teaching and for my research.

8) daycare - my kids are both in wonderful daycare situations. Bunny has a whole other family that she loves and loves her, and Boo Too is thriving in his baby place. This makes it so much easier for me to do what I need to do at work.

9) future plans - however things work out, next year has great potential. I was offered a pre-tenure sabbatical (a whole semester to do research, at full pay!). The only reason I wouldn't take that offer is if I have a better one ;-)

10) hope, faith, and love - not to be too trite or too Biblical, but these get me through the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment