Tuesday, October 19, 2010

visiting scholar conference 2011

Southern Illinois Carbondale's annual Visiting Scholar conference will be on "Narratives of North American Diversity, 1400-1700", with a focus on indigenous and slave experiences of that transformative period, independent or and/or interwoven with European perspectives. It looks like an interesting conference, and if I were in the area, I would definitely attend, although it is well outside my personal research interests.

Actually, that's not completely true. I have a deep interest in the adoption of Old World domestic animals by Native Americans. There are so many interesting stories out there - everything from simple adoption of herding, to the hunting of feral domesticates, to pigs as the cause of the Pequot war, to attempts to create Lapp-like reindeer domestication with Inuit and caribou. Some day, when I've actually written up all the extraneous data from my own research that I still have floating around, I'd love to start research on the movement of Old World domesticates in the New World. I'm not holding my breath until I have time, though.

Abstracts are due December 20, for anyone with an interest in the topic.

5 comments:

  1. I am also going to visit one because the scholars are the one who can take the society and the learning to the next level where https://www.cheapessaywritingservices.com/ethics-essay-writing-service can compare the new learning with the old ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is our interest which has created new website for all of us and we can make just new contents on the old writers so they can create unique contents.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am quite happy with the progress of Dr. Eric because to do specialization in a language is quite problematic and the patients get that from https://www.phdproposal.com/our-phd-thesis-writers-are-professional/ to improve thier lives so that they can also be part of the society.

    ReplyDelete
  4. as all the scholar are really there to have a visit on the new conference side . you can look here so that you can make some better things on the thesis.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I frequently observe individuals saying that the dad is genuine saint in one's life who offer everything to his kids to expedite grins http://www.letterofrecommendation.biz/write-your-best-recommendation-letter-for-nursing-school/ their countenances. A decent dad likewise attempts to allows to his children to contemplate in the best schools of the city.

    ReplyDelete