Thursday, April 8, 2010

juvenile sense of humor

Maybe it's just me, but I found this paragraph hilarious. The student was supposed to be comparing and contrasting bonobo and common chimpanzee behavior. (I corrected some of the grammar/punctuation, so it makes sense and is easier to read. I did not, however, correct the "typo" that makes it so funny).

Sex also is a bounding activity. It brings female and male together, and female and female together. Other primates bound by other means, like grooming or helping with the young. There is a different and deeper connection formed when bounding through sex.


I have a mental picture of bonobo trampoline orgies.

The rest of the paragraph discusses the "off spring" produced by these orgies, which just extends the metaphor.

No comments:

Post a Comment