Friday, November 5, 2010

a whine of no academic value whatsoever

One of the few things I don't like about being an academic is my inability to engage in significant retail therapy. I shouldn't complain, given the economy. Our household income is not much below the U.S. median (my income alone is less than 15% below), and might even be slightly over, when Dr. Mr. Palimpsest's adjunct income is added in. According to this map, our income is around or above the median for our county. And yes, I realize that consumerism is a cancer on our society, money is the root of all evil, and children are starving in Sudan. I also realize that advertisements are carefully crafted to make me feel I'm living like a Puritan in the midst of Babylon (so don't I deserve a little something for myself?)

For financial, environmental, and ethical reasons, I'm committed to having less stuff in the house. I don't want it, I don't need it, I shouldn't have it. But then I have a bad week, and all I want is a new pair of shoes. And some fancy French cheese with my whine.

5 comments:

  1. The less stuff you have, the less mental fatigue you have because you have to take care of all the stuff and if you area student so you have to visit site of education as well to learn new techniques of management.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blog of the archaeology where you can find different topics of various kinds. Just grab the best challenge here with https://www.writingaliteraturereview.com/about-us/ and enjoy the best session of all the time in this field. You can also go to the special links in this page.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are a lot of whines of no academic preferences but when we go to page we learn that we have just confused ourselves and nothing else.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Come to this academic session and find the new value for your working conditions. You can also use the comments from this phase of the website and can really enjoy the new strucuture of the life with this page which is really good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is the respect of the educational institute which is helping him to understand the use of https://www.capstoneproposal.com/marketing-capstone-project-ideas/ for our benefit of for the benefit of our children.

    ReplyDelete